What a day. We kicked off the CRUX series and here’s just a few of the highlights.
- We baptized 10 people.
- I preached on the Principle of the Path. Your Direction Not your Intentions determine your Destination.
- Handed out pieces of broken tile and people wrote down their broken paths. Very moving moment.
- Had a non Easter Record crowd – between all our campuses we had 478 – WOW! Had several families leave because their were no seats, that won’t happen next week, I promise
- Also we saw 7 people accept Jesus today, That NEVER gets old!!!
- God is doing some amazing things and I am really Thankful to be a part of it.
This coming Sunday we are starting a new series which is very unique, when it comes to the way we do sermon series.
During One Prayer, we share teaching, training, resources, and, most importantly, God’s love with the world. As a global body of believers, we’re growing together as we learn about a Church that’s…
Recently my son Caden and I were preparing to grill. He loves grill in with his daddy. We prepared the chicken and went out on the deck to start the grill. He’s got this down, you turn on the gas and then click the start button. I’ve told him over and over to not stand close to the grill when starting it, because it could explode. Time after time it never has though. Well, he went to push the start button with his face right there by the grill and BOOM! a flash of fire came out. It caught both of us by surprise. I rushed him into the shower and discovered that both of us were really lucky. It just cinched his hair and mine but no major burns.
Early the next day, I was drinking a cup of coffee reflecting on what happened. The first question I asked, was this, “Why did this happen?” You see a few days before this incident some friends of mine helped me build a deck and what happened was all the saw dust from the treated wood had built up in the grill. Then when Caden went to start it, the saw dust accumulation caused the explosion.
Then it HIT me. Many of us get close to sin but it never explodes. Time after time people warn us that if we are not careful that particular sin could destroy us. We get comfortable and start doing what my son Caden did, not even give it a thought. Then one day we get too close to that particular sin and ALL of a Sudden it Explodes in our faces.
Check out what James 1:13-16 says, “13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone;14 but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed.
15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full‑grown, gives birth to death.
16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers.”
Look at the steps to explosion with SIN -
Step 1 Enticed – it won’t hurt you. It will be good for you.
Step 2Desire is concieved.
Step 3 It give birth to SIN.
Step 4 Sin begins to grow.
Step 5 Sin EXPLODES and Kills YOU
What in your life are you dabbling with? What in your life are you getting comfortable with and starting to think, “I Got this”, I can handle this. If that’s where you are, Check out the steps again from scripture.
“Sin will take you further than you want to go, keep you longer than you want to stay and cost you more than you want to pay.”
I hope you will begin to run toward Jesus and away from your sins!!!
The response to this sermon has been unbelievable. I hope it speaks LIFE into you.
WOW! The past few weeks have been unbelievable to say the least. Here’s a quick run down of Easter and beyond.
- Good Friday we launched our Internet Campus – amazing results with something we were just testing out. Way to go Dave Daut (Technical Director) and Marci.
- Easter 2010 we saw over 19 people receive Jesus Christ! That should never get old.
- Also on Easter 2010 we broke all kinds of records, with over 504 people attending between both campuses.
- Then the week after Easter we launched a new series Canvas and saw 9 more people crossed the line of Faith.
- Then yesterday I had planned on preaching a sermon on Josiah from 2 Kings 22 but during the week God changed my mind.
- I preached a timely message on depression and we saw several get set free from living a life of feelings.
- Then last night (Sunday Night) we hosted NEXT – Next is a one hour experience where you can find out more about who LifeQuest is and what our vision & values are. Had a great crowd and saw many new faces.
- April is staff appreciation month – I am asking everyone to show some love and appreciation toward our staff. They work so hard behind the scenes and I want them to know how much we love them.
- I can’t believe I get to be a part of such a awesome movement of God!
I count it an honor to be your Pastor LifeQuest and can’t wait for what God has for us as we head into our 7th year.
Tonight Good Friday we will launch our Internet Campus. This is a BIG step for such a new church. We are always praying for ways to reach more people that are far from God. There is no better way to reach more people than the internet.
When: Tonight starting at 7:30pm CST
Where: Click HERE
Who: Everyone around the world!
The chat room will open at 7pm CST
Invite your friends and family! There is no better way to kick off the Easter weekend than focusing on what Jesus did for us on the cross. See you online tonight!
Saturday March 27th at 5pm LifeQuest Church Northland Campus is hosting our first ever BLACK LIGHT EASTER EGG HUNT! No matter where you live in the city, bring your kiddo’s for a great night of fun, candy and a very creative way to hunt eggs. Everything is in doors and best of all it’s FREE!!!
For directions and more info CLICK HERE!
Hope to see you there!